The Be You Programs Directory is a searchable database of external mental health and wellbeing programs offered for schools and early learning services available across Australia.
There are over 200 programs in the Directory, ranging from locally run smaller programs to internationally used programs, helping you make an informed choice when selecting a program to address the needs of your learning community.
Why use the Programs Directory?
There are so many great programs available, sometimes it’s hard to find the right one for you.
Some programs can be general, intended for all children and young people and cover a range of different concerns or issues that may arise in educational settings.
Other programs focus on specific issues, such as bullying or resilience, and are intended to be provided to small groups of children and young people.
The majority of programs are for children and young people, but some are designed for families and educators. Some programs may focus on staff development and learning to support a positive learning community and culture.
The Programs Directory can help find the right one for your learning community.
It’s quick and easy to use
You can simply search the Directory by keyword, like Google. Or you can browse through the programs by selecting your educational setting, your location and even alignment with Be You Professional Learning domains.
The Directory is broken down into ten topics to help you find the right program. The topics are:
- bullying and cyber safety
- connectedness and relationships
- emotional and behavioural difficulties
- families and parenting education
- general mental wellbeing
- self-esteem and body image
- seeking support
- social and emotional learning.
When you find a program in the Directory, you’ll see all the essential information to help with your decision, such as:
- the program overview and delivery format
- year level relevance
- provider details
- topic coverage
- costs and resourcing requirements
- how it complements Be You.
How programs are selected for the Directory
You can feel confident that every program in the Directory has been thoroughly reviewed and evaluated to make sure it’s relevant and beneficial for learning communities.
To be included in the Programs Directory, programs must:
- have a manual to guide the delivery of the program and to ensure fidelity
- have a theoretical basis
- be organised into sessions that are done sequentially and build upon each other
- be for an appropriate audience (children and/or young people; or family members, carers; or educators of children)
- align to the Be You content framework (mental health promotion, prevention, early intervention and postvention in schools and early learning services)
- be available in Australia.
Implementing a formal program is a great strategy you can use on your Be You journey to support children’s and young people’s mental health and wellbeing.
We will be refreshing the Be You Programs Directory in 2019, so stay tuned for updates.
Find the right program for your learning community