Get started: pre-service educators
If you’re currently studying early childhood education or education (either at a vocational institution or university) then Be You is for you too!
Getting involved with Be You before you start your career as an educator puts you ahead of the game, and prepares you for placement and future roles.
Pre-service Educators Handbook
The Pre-service Educators Handbook has all the essential information you need to get involved with Be You if you’re still studying.
For a full introduction to Be You, download:
- Pre-service Educators Handbook: early learning services [PDF, 9.1MB]
- Pre-service Educators Handbook: primary and secondary schools [PDF, 9.4MB]
Once you’ve read the relevant handbook, you’re ready to register!
How can I get involved with Be You?
Registering with Be You is quick, easy – and free! We just need some basic information about who you are and where you’re studying.
As an individual, you can start your Be You journey at any time with Professional Learning to enhance your knowledge and understanding of how to promote positive mental health and support children and young people.
You may hear about whole learning community approaches or Action Teams if you do a professional placement at a Be You school or early learning service.
Read more about Action Teams and the whole learning community approach.
Why get involved while I'm still a student?
There are many great reasons to get involved with Be You before you’ve started working as an educator.
- enhances and reinforces your current studies, better preparing you for future roles
- has developed a common language and shared understanding about mental health and wellbeing to use when speaking with your colleagues (which is particularly useful while on placement)
- is a national initiative spanning early learning services and schools, which means that your Be You account goes with you, wherever your career may take you.