Beyond Blue is committed to ensuring that the personal information you provide to us remains secure, is only used for the purposes for which it is collected and that you are aware of what information is held and your rights. This statement outlines how we meet the obligations that are set out in the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988.
Collection and use of personal information
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information (which includes your name, email address) in order to allow you to register as an Account Holder of the Be You website.
If you chose to register as an Account Holder of the Be You website, then some personal information will be recorded against your user profile.
Beyond Blue, ECA and headspace may enter your personal information into a central database administered by Beyond Blue system administrators. It will only be used for purposes of enabling us to:
- provide relevant services to you and/or your educational institution (for example, professional learning modules or invite you to face-to-face or digital events);
- provide information and resources to you (for example, if you download any Be You materials);
- meet our Beyond Blue website management needs (for example, by enabling you to become an Account Holder of the Be You website); or
- engage in direct marketing activities via email (if you have registered your email address with us and have not ‘opted out’).
If you do not provide the personal information requested, this may limit the assistance Be You can provide.
Disclosure of personal information
Beyond Blue, ECA and headspace may disclose your personal information:
- to our service providers (such as IT and Marketing service providers);
- to Be You delivery partners (Early Childhood Australia and headspace);
- to professional advisors (such as accountants, auditors and lawyers);
- if you have consented to the disclosure;
- where disclosure is necessary to prevent injury to life or health; or
- if required or authorised by or under an Australian law or court/tribunal order.
In addition, your personal information may be de-identified and aggregated by Beyond Blue for the purposes of analysing and developing Be You.
Be You website – information collected
The types of information that may be collected as a result of your use of the Be You website are:
- the fact that you have visited the Be You website and the date and time of your visit;
- statistical information about your server address and your top level domain name (for example, .com, .com.au, .gov.au, .co.uk. etc.);
- the pages you have accessed and the documents you have downloaded;
- the previous site you visited (if you have linked to the Be You website); and
- the type of browser you use.
We will not make any attempt to identify you or your browsing activities from the collection of this information.
Protection of personal information
We will ensure that the personal information you provide to us remains secure and is only used for the purposes for which it is collected. Your information will be stored on a secure database administered by Beyond Blue and only Be You workers and Beyond Blue system administrators are able to access personal information about people supported by Be You.
Access to personal information and complaints
You can request access to information stored about you and make sure it is right. You can ask for it to be corrected if you think it is not accurate. Please let Be You know if you would like to see this information. Information can only be given to the person to whom it relates, not to any other person.
More information about privacy is available in:
How to contact us
Early Childhood Australia
Phone: Operations Director on (02) 6242 1800 or 1800 356 900
Phone: (03) 9027 0100 and ask for the Privacy Officer
Phone: (03) 9810 6100 (Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm (AEST)
Post: Attention: The Privacy Officer
PO Box 6100
Hawthorn West VIC 3122
Fax: (03) 9810 6111
This Be You Collection Statement was last updated October 2018 and may change from time to time. Any updated versions will be posted on the Be You website and will be effective from the date of posting.
In this Privacy Collection Statement:
- references to Early Childhood Australia or ECA are references to Early Childhood Australia Incorporated ABN 44 950 767 752;
- references to headspace are references to headspace National Youth Mental Health Foundation Ltd ACN 137 533 843; and
- references to Beyond Blue are references to Beyond Blue Limited ACN 093 865 840.