Hello, Be You!
We may be saying goodbye, but we’re very excited about becoming Be You.
An adventure has begun with the launch of the National Education Initiative – now known as Be You – starting a new chapter in mental health promotion, prevention and early intervention.
Be You is a single, integrated national initiative to promote mental health from the early years to 18. It’s for every current and future Australian educator from early learning services through to secondary school.
Let’s take a moment to reflect on the good times we’ve had, and to thank all of you who have participated and shared your stories with us. We’d love to hear about your experience as you continue your commitment to growing a mentally healthy generation with Be You. This is also a time to celebrate the skills you’ve built and positive changes you’ve made through your professional learning.
Be You is backed by trained support staff on the ground and provides early learning services and schools with a roadmap, building blocks, professional development and support to foster a mentally healthy learning community. It’s designed with, and for, busy educators and it’s free.
Building collaborative learning communities requires planning, leadership, shared values, goals and practice and a supportive environment. This process doesn’t just happen – it’s intentional.
Collaborative learning communities can:
- engage in reflective conversations and discussions;
- focus on specific learning and inquiry;
- have a collaborative culture that enhances professional practice;
- provide mutual support to each other; and
- work towards shared goals.
Be You is much more than just completing professional development – it’s about using a continuous improvement approach to everything you do to improve mental health for your whole learning community. It’s about bringing a mental health focus to every aspect of your community: relationships, experiences, policies, conversations, by making learning, actions and changes that result from your professional learning visible to everyone.
So, reflect on what’s happening in your learning community and get started
with Be You today! You’ll be sharing our commitment to:
- Promote the development of mentally healthy learning communities.
- Foster partnerships with families and community.
- Build educators’ capacity to teach skills for wellbeing and resilience.
- Guide educators to support children and young people experiencing mental health issues.
- Support communities back to mental health following a critical incident.
Let’s all grow a mentally healthy generation!