Be You is listed on the Victorian Department of Education and Training’s menu of evidence-informed support for Victorian School Readiness Funding (SRF).
The suite of Be You Professional Learning, tools and resources can support Victorian kindergartens to meet your (SRF) requirements.
Your SRF plans
There are many ways to engage in Be You to meet your service’s specific SRF plan and goals.
Registered Be You Learning Communities are supported by a team of Be You Consultants who can guide you in utilising your SRF to participate in Be You.
Using your funded time
There are five aspects to consider when deciding how to use SRF backfill to engage in Be You. You would have time for:
- Planning – Having a plan for Be You is vital for success. Attend a Be You Essentials event, read a handbook, form an Action Team, and talk with your Be You Consultant about your SRF goals.
- Learning – Choose the best Be You resources to address your SRF goals, then engage your team in professional learning through Be You modules, In Focus webinars, Fact Sheets, Posters, or Facebook posts.
- Reflection – Reflecting on learning and on current practice, individually, and together, is vital. The Be You Implementation and Reflection Toolkit can assist to document critical reflection.
- Action – Apply learning to practice, embed changes into policies, and share learning with families. These are fundamental actions to impact mental health and wellbeing outcomes.
- Measuring success – Be You Surveys implemented at different time intervals can assist with SRF reporting and identifying next steps for further professional learning and action.
Lydia Condely, Be You Action Team Leader at Shine Bright Swan Hill South Kindergarten, explains how she will use SRF to participate in Be You:
“This year we are going to take our time to engage in-depth in the professional learning and make sure we implement it into our work with children,” she said.
“We are also planning for how to share mental health information with families."
I'll be using some of my SRF release time to talk to Be You Consultants and other kindergartens implementing Be You
Getting started with Be You and SRF
If you’d like to learn more about utilising Be You for future SRF, register your service and let us know of your interest when we contact you.
Already registered as a Be You Learning Community? Talk to your Be You Consultant about tailoring Be You to meet your SRF goals. You could also attend a national event to learn about Be You Planning and Implementation Tools.