The school’s actions move from response activities to improving the mental health of the community and undertaking suicide prevention activities.
This is also a good time to review the school’s approach to the suicide, and update critical incident or response plans. Actions include the following:
- Continue to support and monitor young people.
- Continue to support and monitor staff.
- Keep families, staff and young people informed about the school’s ongoing response and recovery.
- Plan for important events and anniversaries.
- Implement recommendations from the critical incident review.
- Include the postvention plan in staff inductions.
- Continue to document all the school’s postvention activities and actions.