Selecting the right program
Alongside the Programs Directory sits the STEPS Decision-Making Framework, adapted by Beyond Blue with permission from Bullying. No Way!
The STEPS Framework provides you with a decision-making tool intended to be used when selecting a targeted program to implement. By providing early learning services and schools with the appropriate questions to ask about the program, it ensures your identified goals and needs are met by the programs evidenced-based approach.
Minimum entry criteria for programs
As part of our continuous improvement work, we have updated the minimum entry requirements for all programs applying to be listed in the Programs Directory. To ensure quality, all programs included in the directory must meet the following inclusion criteria.
- align with one or more of the five professional learning domains (Mentally Healthy Communities, Family Partnerships, Learning Resilience, Early Support, Responding Together)
- align to the Australian Curriculum or National Quality Framework
- be supported by a training/delivery/implementation manual or guide
- be offered as more than a one-off session (i.e., offer multiple, sequential sessions which, either as a set series of sessions or on an as-needs basis)
- be targeted at one of the following audiences as the intended beneficiary, for example: children, young people, parents, carers or families; early childhood educators, Out of Hours School Care
- have at least one research or evaluation study which demonstrates:
- a positive impact on mental health outcomes for children or young people
- a minimum of 20 participants in the study who received the program
- at least pre and post testing conducted on the group that received the program.
The Be You Programs Directory
A searchable database designed to help you find the right program for your school or early learning service.