For many months, the wellbeing of young people and staff will need to be monitored, offering a variety of activities and program options that suit the needs of the school community. This is also a good time to review the schools approach to the suicide, ensuring learnings are embedded in updated critical incident or response planning.
- Continue to monitor staff and young people’s wellbeing, and review your list of at-risk students.
- Consider the impact of the suicide on the planning for school events like yearbook photographs, award nights, graduation and reports.
- Conduct a critical incident review.
- Consider facilitating an information session for families.
- Continue to document all the school’s postvention activities and actions.