Respond collaboratively to critical incidents
Following a critical incident, it will be important for your community to come together for support. It's important for you to understand your role in your community's response.
A collaborative response will have the potential to minimise the potential negative impact on your own wellbeing and the wellbeing of children and young people, and their families.
What you'll learn through this module
- Outline the principles of good practice response to critical incidents
- Describe the importance of the community planning its response to a critical incident
- Understand your potential role in the community’s response, including daily support for children and young people under your care
- Identify if adjustments are required to daily practice
- Recognise if they need additional support for your own mental health