- Di McMath
- Who is this for?
- The program is for grade 4 - 12, however the training is designed for the teachers to deliver to students.
- Who is this from?
- - Primary school teachers and staff - Secondary school teachers and staff
- Mentally Healthy Communities, Learning Resilience
- Early Learning, Primary School, Secondary School
- Bullying and cyber safety, Social and emotional learning, Self esteem and body image, General mental wellbeing, Connectedness and relationships
- The 'Happy, Kind, & Healthy Minds' program aims to help empower, motivate, & inspire school aged children through fun & educational activities that will provide them with a range of skills & strategies to become more resilient and intrinsically happier, helping to decrease the rate of bullying, depression, anxiety, & youth suicide.
- Primary Schools: 3 x manuals, 3 x 'Icebreakers' books, & 3 x instructional PowerPoint/videos on USB. (One for each grade: 4 - 6) Total= $1195 Secondary Schools: 6 x manuals, 6 x 'Icebreakers' books, & 6 x instructional PowerPoint/videos on USB (One for each grade: 7-12) Total = $1495 Prep-Grade 12: 9 x manuals, 9 x 'Icebreakers' books, & 9 x instructional PowerPoint/videos on USB (One for each grade: 4-12) Total = $1795 Extra sets of manual/book/USB's can be purchased for $100 (*extra sets only available to be sold to schools who've already purchased the program).
- Victoria, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory, Queensland, Northern Territory, South Australia, Western Australia, Tasmania
- Platinum Potential
- Mobile number
Detailed descriptionThe Happy, Kind and Healthy Mind program is a Wellbeing program for grades 4-12, aims to create happier, kinder, more resilient youth, to help decrease bullying, depression, anxiety, & youth suicide. Through fun and educational activities, the program aims to provide students with a range of skills and strategies to become self-empowered and more motivated to set and reach goals. In doing so, the overall objective is to help to decrease the rate of bullying, depression, anxiety, and suicide within todays youth. The activities are designed to build self-esteem, confidence, resilience, and compassion. Students will also learn valuable coping skills and strategies that will help them cope with everyday stressors.
Program structure & method deliveryThe program is designed to be delivered over three (3) full days, however it can also be delivered over six (6) half (½) days. Full days = 1 day per week over 3 weeks Half days = 1/2 day per week over 6 weeks. Learning material is supplied to the teachers, which they can then deliver to their classes. This is a training package consisting of: - A facilitators manual - A resource book - Digital resource with video presentations Or: - Face-to-face teacher training (with the above materials) is also available upon request.
Student assessment measuresNo
Professional learning compulsoryYes
Teachers are to first complete the training package consisting of: - A facilitators manual - A resource book - Digital resource with video presentations (self paced) Or: Attend a face-to-face training session (which includes the above materials). Either training is to be completed prior to delivering to a classroom
Identified theoretical frameworkA range of clinical theories & modalities have been used as the basis of the Happy, Kind and Healthy Mind program including; CBT, NLP, Positive Psychology, Human Needs Psychology, Social Psychology, Neuroscience, and Life Coaching - GROW model.
About author(s)Di McMath is a Resilience Coach & NLP Practitioner. She is a former Advanced Care Paramedic who specialises in working with Emergency Services personnel, & those in high stress environments. She is the author of best selling book in Amazon's motivational business category 2015 - 'Icebreakers: How to empower, inspire, & motivate your team through step-by-step activities that boost confidence, resilience, & create happier individuals'. Di has created various 'Emotional Resilience & Wellbeing' programs for various clients, including a school based program which became the basis of her best-selling book.
Happy, Kind, & Healthy Minds
Share this guide
Share this guide with someone!