- Helena Pretorius, BA Hons. (Psychology), MBD, HOD, NLP
- Who is this for?
- Children/Students, Primary teachers and staff
- Who is this from?
- Teachers and staff
- Mentally Healthy Communities
- Primary School
- Bullying and cyber safety
- Boomerang Bully Prevention aims to teach children practical behavioural skills including assertiveness and communication strategies they can draw upon when encountering bullying. It also promotes positive social skills and self-esteem to prevent children from engaging in bullying behaviour.
- Please see website for current pricing
- Victoria, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory, Queensland, Northern Territory, South Australia, Western Australia, Tasmania
- Mobile number
- 0424 182 305
Detailed descriptionBoomerang Bully Prevention is a targeted, prevention program designed for primary teachers and staff to use with 5-11 year olds who may experience bullying and associated difficulties. Boomerang Bully Prevention addresses the causes of bullying, demonstrates positive social behaviour, and incorporates relaxation exercises and activities to reinforce lesson concepts. It is designed to equip students with the resources and life-skills to recognise and prevent potential victimisation of themselves and others. It also focuses on simple anger-management techniques that may prevent some children from bullying others. Songs, poems stories and activities are used to engage students.
Program structure & method delivery
Lessons range from under a minute in video length up to five minutes. Along with discussion and activities, each lesson can take up to 30 mins to complete. The program progress as follows:
· Lesson 1: What is bullying?
· Lesson 2: Bullying touches us all
· Lesson 3: Set an example of no bullying
· Lesson 4: Stay calm
· Lesson 5: Stay cam continued
· Lesson 6: Ignore the bully
· Lesson 7: Be assertive, stand up tall
· Lesson 8: Assertive face
· Lesson 9: Things to say
· Lesson 10: Reasons for being picked on
· Lesson 11: Easy ways to stop becoming a victim of bullying
· Lesson 12: Living bullying situations
· Lesson 13: Who are bullies?
· Lesson 14: Why bullies bully?
· Lesson 15: Consequences of bullying
· Lesson 16: Stop anger: the cause of bullying
· Lesson 17: Calm down exercises for bullies
· Lesson 18: Calm your mind
· Lesson 19: When bullies stop bullying
· Lesson 20: Practice to stop bullying
Methods of Delivery: Lessons are delivered by a teacher on DVD. Activities and tasks are offered by the DVD teacher within the lessons. An accompanying workbook also provides additional activities to reinforce skills and learning.
Student assessment measuresNo
Professional learning compulsoryNo
Professional Learning Available
Identified theoretical frameworkBoomerang Bully Prevention is based on the representational model of Neuro Linguistic Programming by Richard Bandler and John Grinder.
Author(s)Helena Pretorius, BA Hons. (Psychology), MBD, HOD, NLP
About author(s)Helena has developed her understanding of children through her extensive career as a learning support teacher. Her passion for bullying prevention inspired her to create the Bully Prevention Program.
Boomerang Bully Prevention Program for children 5 to 10 years old
Share this guide
Share this guide with someone!