This year has been like no other.
We have seen many changes professionally and personally as we adapt and maintain our wellbeing. During this time educator wellbeing has been a big focus for Be You.
If you’re unsure about where to start with Be You, consider focusing on educator wellbeing. This is a powerful way to show appreciation in the workplace.
When services and schools support educator wellbeing, it has a positive impact on staff retention, job satisfaction and productivity as well as on children and young people.
The responsibility for educator wellbeing, like the benefits it brings, is shared between the learning community and individuals.
Six tips to start your Be You educator wellbeing journey:
- As a learning community, complete the learning map within the ‘Good mental health’ Always Be You Action Chart
- Develop an Educator Wellbeing Policy
- Utilise the Be You Wellbeing Facts Sheets and share them with your community
- Watch our Educator Wellbeing In Focus webinar recording
- Explore the Heads Up website for further information about creating a mentally healthy workplace
- Finish with the Educator Survey to determine your next point of focus in Be You
If you would like to discuss your plans to support educator wellbeing, check-in with a Be You Consultant.